As you all know (or maybe you don’t – I don’t know what you do with your life if you’re not reading my blog really) I’m always on the lookout for quick, healthy snacks for The Munchkin. My criteria for making anything in my life are:
- Easy to find ingredients
- Quick and easy
Recently I’ve discovered a YouTube Channel called What’s Up Moms who make videos about all sorts of useful things and sometimes do funny parodies. My favourite though is Meg who in her words is “passionate about finding ways to make life with kids easier in the kitchen“. She is my kinda girl. Two weeks ago she posted this video on how to make strawberry gummy snacks.
Easy right?! So I tried making some last night but I got frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) instead of strawberries and I don’t think it was the best idea. Also these kinds of berries stain EVERYTHING so not the best idea. I didn’t like them but The Munchkin gobbled them down so I suppose that’s a win. I’m going to get my hand on some strawberries and make some more.
*Because these sweets don’t have any preservatives in them, you should keep them in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
- 3/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2.5 tablespoons honey
- 2.5 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1. After pureeing strawberries, add puree, water, lemon juice and honey to saucepan. Turn on heat and bring to simmer.
- 2. Slowly add gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved.
- 3. Pour mixture in gummy molds and pop into freezer for 25 minutes.
- Because these sweets don’t have any preservatives in them, you should keep them in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.