Here’s the thing about having super talented friends – you get to be the test dummy for all their shenanigans. But seeing as the shenanigans always end up being amazing, I really don’t mind.
A few months ago, one of my wonderful friends, Soraya Mohideen, started her very own business called Hana Banana Britches. Soraya and I are both cloth mamas. Cloth tends to be a little more bulky than disposables depending on the type you’re using so there have been a few moms who also make cloth-friendly clothing. Hana Banana is one of them.
They’re comfy, cloth-friendly, “grow-with-me” jeans and trousers for your little fluffy bums, handmade in Cape Town.
A high rise waist accommodates even the biggest cloth nappy. Hana Banana Britches extend through the waist using side gusset snaps and the contrast cuff rolls down to accommodate those growing legs – these britches grow with your baby.
They come in 3 sizes:
Small (0 – 6 months)
Cotton Twill: R280; Denim: R300
Medium (6 months – 2 years)
Cotton Twill: R300; Denim: R330
Large (2 years – 4 years)
Cotton Twill: R320; Denim: R350
What we thought of Hana Banana Britches
Soraya was kind enough to send The Munchkin a pair of Paw Patrol britches and he was SO excited. He jumped up and down on the spot when he saw them and took his pants off immediately to put them on! I couldn’t get a picture of him in them because he was just running around with pure unadulterated joy!
I love them too. At first I thought they were a bit pricey for baby clothes but they’re a good investment if you think just how much wear you’re getting out of them. He was given a Large size but is still on the smallest side snap and there is a lot more room for growth length wise as well. These are going to last him at least another 2 years!
Guys, I honestly tried to get some pictures of The Munchkin wearing these but he gets so excited every time he puts them on he just runs around like a tiny maniac and everything is a blur. But they are so great. We’re potty training at the moment so he’s not in nappies a lot of the time, but even so these britches still fit great.
Join the Hana Banana Facebook group to keep up to date with new fabric options.
You can also order straight from the website.
If your kids are Paw Patrol fans like The Munchkin is then you’re in luck! We’re giving away 1 pair of large (2-4 years) denim Hana Banana Britches with Paw Patrol cuffs and blue adjustable snaps.
All you need to do is:
- Join the Hana Banana Facebook group (Soraya will be checking) and;
- Let me know who you’d like to win this prize for in the comment section below.
1. Competition closes on 24th October 2016.
2. Competition is open to South African residents only.
3. Prizes to be awarded to the first entry drawn at random who has completed all the criteria.
4. The winners list is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. The winner’s names will be published on the Surviving the Madness Facebook Page.
6. Winners will be contacted by the 24th October 2016.
7. Prizes are not transferable, and can’t be paid out in cash.
8. If you have won a competition on this site in the last 3 months, you are not elligible to win.