Hidden Veggie Pasta that your kids WILL eat!
Guys, The Munchkin is SO flipping picky when it comes to eating. The Potato is the opposite, she will eat anything you put in front of her and then she will still fight you for whatever you’re eating.
The Munchkin however will eat:
- Toast with peanut butter, jam, Melrose or cheese.
- Chicken nuggets
- Chicken sticks (drumsticks)
- Tuna gesmoor
- Beans food
And pasta. As you noticed there’s not a lot of fruit and veggies in that list so I have to sneak these things into his diet. Fruits are easy. I just make smoothies and popsicles as he likes to call them.
When he’s been lacking in veggies I make this pasta that’s filled with hidden veggies like carrots, marrows, tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower and onions. I also make it a bit creamy by adding some coconut cream and cheese because who doesn’t love cheese?
He LOVES this! And I did a bladdy victory dance very quietly in the kitchen when I heard the 10 most beautiful words in the world, “Mommy! This is the most delicious thing I ever seen!”
- 1 large carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- Few florets cauliflower
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon origanum
- Tablespoon of sugar
- 500g mince
- Grated cheese
- 2 cups of spiral pasta
- 1. Cook pasta as per package instructions.
- 2. Cut up the carrots, zucchini, and red pepper.
- 3. Steam the carrots, zucchini and cauliflower until soft.
- 4. Saute the onions and red pepper with the garlic in a large pot.
- 5. Add the steamed veggies and canned tomatoes to the onions and pepper.
- 6. Use a stick blender to make a smooth sauce.
- 7. Add origanum and sugar and cook for 10 minutes.
- 8. Stir in coconut cream and cheese.
- 9. Add pasta to the sauce.
- - You can use any type of pasta. I use spiral pasta because it's easier for the kids to eat.
- - You can use any combination of veggies you have at home.
- - Leave mince out for a meat free dish.